There are two types of data that are collected in quantitative research: categorical and numeric. Both types of data can help to answer the research question(s). However, the methods you use to analyze the data are specific to the design of your study.
Post a discussion to describe your study design and the type of data you will collect in your study (if you are conducting a qualitative study, answer in the hypothetical).
Be sure to include the following information:
- Explain if the collected data is numeric, categorical, or both.
- What data analysis methods will you employ?
- Are the analysis methods appropriate for the data type? Explain.
- Are the analysis methods appropriate for the study design? Elaborate.
- Explain the interpretation of the results that each statistical method yields.