This project will require you to integrate your knowledge of Belbin team types with your understanding of how to conduct an efficient meeting. You will create a mock meeting minute for the project described below. You will record item discussion and assign action items typical for that team type. Utilize the Modified Rickover-Style template.
You will save your work as an Excel spreadsheet, and upload your completed document.
The team is working to install new waste collection bins on a college campus. The new setup will include 3 bins—one each for landfill, single-stream recycling, and compost. This is the first meeting of the project team. They plan to complete this project within 6 months. They will need to determine:
- Who will chair the meeting
- Who the campus stakeholders are, and who on campus can serve as a resource for the group
- How to obtain suitable bins for the best cost, and how to navigate the college’s purchasing system
- How to promote the new project to faculty, staff, and students
- How to help users of the new bins sort their refuse into the proper bin
- How to get facilities management to cooperate with this project
- How to install the bins and the signage needed
- Suitable timelines for these steps so that the project is completed within 6 months
You will create a meeting agenda for this scenario, making sure to assign action items related to the above, record “discussion,” and set deadlines.
Rubric 6 pts each
- 1) Contains all required elements: time, date, location, invitees, project/meeting name, items for discussion
- 2) Contains a record of discussion, action items with responsible party identified, clear deadlines for each item
- 3) Discussion attributed to a team member corresponds to their team type
- 4) Action items assigned to a team member corresponds to their team type
- 5) Contains reasonable project deadlines that fit within the 6 month timeframe