This assignment is a written debate. Review the fact pattern below.
Carol is a 15-year-old juvenile with at least 11 violations of the Law. Two of the crimes involve violence to others, a battery and robbery without a weapon. Carol’s father is in jail and is being raised by her mother. Unfortunately, Carol’s mother works two jobs and is not always around. Carol’s mother does keep an eye on Carol but is having difficulty with her.
After reviewing, discuss the following:
- How a court would sentence the juvenile in the above fact pattern.
- Aggravating and Mitigating Circumstances that a court would consider.
- The Juvenile risk Assessment.
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- The paper is to be 2-3 pages in length, current APA style, excluding the title and references page.
- Support your answers with at least 3 references. They should be published within the last five years, scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions).