Topic for the Final Research Proposal
For this assignment you will apply the first step of the scientific
method by identifying a topic and explaining its importance in the field
of psychology. Choose a topic of interest to you in psychology that is
relevant to your current or future career, and search the databases in
the Ashford University Library for a published peer-reviewed literature
review on the topic. Evaluate the literature review and describe whether
or not it provides multiple perspectives and or results on the topic,
or if the author is including only those studies that prove his or her
original hypothesis. Using the literature review as a reference, compare
the characteristics of the different research methods that have been
used to study this topic. Summarize what is known about the topic based
on the evidence presented in the literature review.
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including
title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one peer-reviewed source.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.