Next week you will be submitting your final assignment for this course, which will be a culmination of your learning. This week, complete this graded task in preparation for your final project.
For your final assignment, you will address our four major settings of focus for the application of behavior modification strategies. In Session 2 you explored aspects of these four major settings when you completed your Behavior Modification Strategy assignment:
- Self-management: Impacting the frequency of our own behaviors or establishing new behaviors
- For example, habits to reduce or increase such as exercise, smoking, etc.
- Family: Impacting the frequency of behaviors or establishing new behaviors within the family
- Often emergent in parent-child relationships with an emphasis on discipline, reinforcement, etc., but can be observed across family relationships—for instance, encouraging a spouse to communicate more frequently or help out with household chores
- Workplace: Impacting frequency of behaviors or establishing new behaviors within workplace culture
- For instance, supporting the development of positive behaviors in employees (e.g., arriving to work on time)
- Culture: Impacting frequency of behaviors or establishing new behaviors within a culture
- Think “big picture”—how does the justice system attempt to reduce problem behaviors and reinforce positive ones? Diversity across cultures for social expectations can also influence behaviors in this setting.