Adherence to Policy Week 2 Discussion 1
After reading Emergency Driving and Pursuits: The Officerâ€™s Perspective (pp. 1-7), explain the importance of establishing pursuit policies at the local or department level. In your discussion, address the following:
- What must the department or agency do to limit liability in the event of injury or death resulting from a police pursuit-related collision?
- What actions are necessary for establishing a pursuit training program?
- Who are the stakeholders for such a program?
- Should law enforcement agencies place more significant restrictions on police-related vehicle pursuits? Why or why not?
- How would these restrictions impact vehicle pursuit training?
answer all questions list references
Schultz, D., Hudak, E., & Alpert, G. (2009, April). Emergency driving and pursuits: The officerâ€™s perspective. FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, 78(4), 1-7. Retrieved from http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/2009-pdfs/april09leb.pdf
Oâ€™Keefe, J. (2004).
Protecting the republic: The education and training of American police officers. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.