CO6: Distinguish between various quality tools and visual aids applicable to manufacturing industries
Your assignment this week is to provide a visual example and a short description of the seven basic quality tools employed in business:
- Cause-and-effect diagram (also called Ishikawa or fishbone diagram)
- Check sheet: A structured, prepared form for collecting and analyzing data.
- Control charts: Sometimes called an “X-bar & R chart.”
- Histogram: A special type of bar chart that explains the dispersion of data
- Pareto chart: Shows on a bar graph which factors are more significant.
- Scatter diagram: Graphs pairs of numerical data, one variable on each axis
- Stratification: A chart that separates data gathered from a variety of sources so that patterns can be seen (Please note, a Statistical Stratification Chart is not a process flow chart. Google “Statistical Tools” and look for what a Stratification chart is)
In your Word Template, make each of these seven quality tools is a major heading. Then, insert an example from the internet or your own business, or of your own design. Underneath each example give a brief description (one or two sentences) describing the tool’s application. One excellent place to find an example is by searching in Google Images for each type of diagram.