Case Study 2: Primavera Gets Agile
Due Week 8 and worth 110 points
Read the case study on Primavera Systems, located here. Next, use the Internet to research Primaveraâ€™s business development since the publication of this case study in 2004.
This is one of the classic case studies on the manner in which an organization adopts agile project management and makes the organization more competitive and successful. It highlights the best practices and critical success factors that contribute to turn around of the organizationâ€™s entire development organization in an amazing way.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Identify the problems with Primaveraâ€™s development organization prior to its adoption of agile strategies.
- Determine whether or not Primavera should consider agile techniques to solve its problems. Justify your response.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Primaveraâ€™s strategies and steps on adopting agile methodologies.
- Examine the major challenges that Primavera was facing at its first attempt with agile project management. Evaluate the effectiveness of the methods Primavera used to mitigate those challenges.
- Speculate on the fundamental reasons why the agile methodology that Primavera used produced better and bigger business values than traditional project management methodologies. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Provide an overview of Primaveraâ€™s business development since the publication of this case study in 2004. Analyze agileâ€™s continued impact on Primaveraâ€™s project management and its economic growth.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast agile development approaches.
- Compare problem-solving techniques in agile environments.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in advanced agile project management topics.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced agile project management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric.