Individual Project 2-3 pgs
Barbara Maddock, the Director of Information Technology, stopped you on your way to lunch to inquire about ways to evaluate some training. She is planning some training in the area of providing better customer service in the technical support center. You had to rush off to a meeting, so you told her that you would send her a memo outlining some ways to evaluate the training.
Write a brief memo explaining the major concepts of evaluating and validating training to the Barbara Maddock, the Director of Information Technology.
- Be sure to explain the concepts in such a way that someone without a comprehensive background in training will understand the ideas and be able to apply them. (If you must use training jargon, be sure to provide an explanation).
- Address the 4 levels of evaluation
- You should include an example to help demonstrate each level.
Discussion Board #1 3-5 paragraphs
Negligent training is a legal term for the lack of training or inadequate training that can be used in a lawsuit to prove the organization did not use reasonable care and thus did not provide an employee with all the knowledge and the basic skills to provide a safe environment for the guest. In many cases, justification has been used to hold the operation liable for the actions of the employee.
For example, Sam was hired as a bus boy at a restaurant. One of his duties is to refill beverages (hot and cold) to the guests. On the day he started, the person who was to train him was sick. Consequently, Sam was not trained properly. One day, when he was refilling hot tea for a guest, he did not put the lid on correctly. Sam spilled hot water on the guest. He was so shocked that he blurted out that he was sorry but he never learned how to properly put on the lid. The guest decided to sue and used negligent training of the employee during the lawsuit.
Using the online library, Internet, or other course materials, find an article on negligent training.
In 3–5 paragraphs, address the following:
- Summarize the article, including what industry it pertains to and other important facts.
- Describe 3 ways you would reduce negligent training.
DIscussion #2 3-4 paragraphs
As one of the goals for the interview, you want to find out about the evaluation and validation techniques of the consultants. Identify examples you will be looking for in the evaluation and validation methods they will use.
- Describe some of the techniques you would expect the consultants to introduce when they describe the ways in which they plan to evaluate and validate the training. (Make sure to address both evaluation and validation in your response).
- Include information about formative and summative evaluation in your response.
- What would be your most important considerations as you decide which consultant to hire?
- How would you see the consultant integrating technology in the processes of gathering or analyzing data?