AIRLINE CHECK-IN PROBLEM
Simulate the airline check-in system with the following parameters. The inter-arrival time of customers is exponentially distributed with a mean of 5 minutes. Customers who arrive are of two types, ticketed and non-ticketed. Ticketed customers get checked in through a service process which follows a uniform distribution between 2 and 10 minutes. Non-ticketed customers get checked in through a service [process which follows a uniform distribution between 2 and 18 minutes. Simulate the following scenarios –
1) A non-pooled system with parallel servers where all customers are ticketed customers
2) A pooled system with parallel servers where all customers are ticketed customers
3) The same as #1 and #2 above but with both ticketed and non-ticketed passengers. In this case assume that 15% of all arrivals are non-ticketed customers.
4) Estimate wait times and server utilization in the above systems and recommend staffing levels such that the wait time is less than 5 minutes. Be creative here to achieve the minimum staffing level.
1) Submit all Extend Models in one .mox file – you can create multiple models in one file.
2) Submit a separate Word document as part of your responses.
3) For the analysis of the output data, you need to make at least 10 runs and analyze the output based on a 95% confidence interval.