Vital Signs: HR 110, RR 24 BP 140/72, Temp 94.8 oral, O2 sat-93%
Frances Cortez is a 18- year- old single, Hispanic, female college student. Presents at student health services.
” I knew everything. I made stupid mistakes. I couldn’t think when I took the test.”
History of Chief Complaint:
Frances experienced severe anxiety after failing a test one week ago. The student had never had trouble academically before. She felt she knew all the information, but became extremely anxious when the professor emphasized how important the test was. She couldn’t focus on the test questions. Later, when talking to her adviser, her chest tightened and she felt her heart pounding and started sweating profusely.
Past Psychiatric History:
History of minor anxiety in high school. Denied any history of panic symptoms. No history of any psychiatric hospitalizations or treatment. No history of eating disorders or self-interest behaviors.
This is an unfolding case study which we will be utilizing for this discussion
- Based on your readings and in regards to Frances’ history what additional questions do you have? Provide rationale for each question.(Have at least 3)
- Frances is cry and wants to understand why this happens to her? As her nurse what information will you give to her regarding anxiety? (Elaborate on at least 3)
- Explain the Clinical Course of anxiety to Henry. Include any cultural considerations. (Elaborate on at least 3 concepts)
- What education will you provide for Frances regarding mental health promotion?
- Frances states ” I think I have exam phobia.” What education will you provide about phobias?
- Add a Module 7 PHARMACOLOGICAL question: After you have analyzed the content from the discussion board, please add a question to the end of your initial post regarding the reading material for the week.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.