Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the
Assignment 3: VoIP Part 1 (Work Breakdown
Due Week 5 and worth 80 points
contains two (2) deliverables: a summary document to be delivered in a word
processor document format and a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to be delivered
in a project file.
As the project manager for an IT
department, you have been assigned to manage the project of deploying a new VoIP
phone system to the company’s campus. The campus consists of three (3) different
buildings, each with twenty to fifty (20 to 50) workstations. The project must
be completed in ninety (90) calendar days starting on November 1.
Deliverable 1: Summary (MS Word or open source
1. Write a one to two (1-2) page summary
document in which you:
a. Summarize the project requirements and other
assumptions (e.g., budget, human resources, workload, environmental
b. Define a work breakdown structure and
describe the methodology behind constructing one.
Deliverable 2: WBS (MS Project or open source
2. Use Microsoft Project to create a WBS
a. Contains at least five (5) main tasks, one
for each of the PMBOK® process areas.
b. Contains at least sixty (60) line items
distributed in ten (10) or more work packages.
c. Contains Work Breakdown Structure Code for
d. Presents a duration estimate for each task
which results in a duration estimate for the project not to exceed the
requirements described in the overview.
Deliverable one (1) of your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Identify how project management improves the success of information
- Explain the relationship of the scope of a project to the work breakdown
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT project
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in IT project management using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.