Choose 1 blog related to a current issue in the area of infant and toddler development. Some examples might be the breastfeeding controversy, reproductive choices, healthy eating, or media use.
After reading the blog, write a 2-page response to the author of the blog. Use the Reading Stances to format your response and make connections to scholarly resources. You will need to respond to each stance. Below are the Reading Stances, along with some stance questions to guide you through your response.
- What is this text about?
- What did I learn from this text?
- How did the author organize his/her ideas?
- Interpreting Meaning: How do the ideas in this blog relate to what I know or have experienced about this topic?
- What are the causes of the issue(s) discussed?
- What solution is most promising based on the evidence presented?
- Is the blog based on research, theory, or practice? Why is that important?
- Are the ideas in the blog important? Why or why not?
- How effectively did the author communicate his/her ideas?
- How could I use this information from this blog in my teaching or future career profession?
Read the following before writing your blog post:
- Tips for Choosing Toys for ToddlersLinks to an external site.
- 20 Best Educational Infant ToysLinks to an external site.
- The Essentials of Early Literacy InstructionLinks to an external site.
You have been asked to put together a blog for parents on literacy development. In your blog, be sure to cover the following areas:
- Describe what literacy development is.
- Explain how infants and toddlers develop in literacy.
- Create an activity that parents can use to help support literacy development in young children.
- Explain how the activity supports literacy development.
- Explain how the activity also supports other areas of development, including physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional development