1. The maximum word count for the main text excluding tables is 2,500 words. Exceeding the word count will result in deduction of marks by up to 10 %. Only the main text excluding any tables and diagrams counts, this also excludes the contents page, executive summary, list of references and appendix. (Only use tables to show working and the Balance score card)
2. The assignment must have a front cover stating:
Module number and name and seminar group number
Title of the assignment
Student names and IDs for each group member
Word count as defined above
3. An executive summary is required (not included in the word count), but this should not exceed 1⁄2 page. A short introduction is required (and included in the word count), even if it is not explicit in the assessment criteria.
4. A reasonable number of appendices may be used for relevant supporting information and to demonstrate your calculations and analysis.
5. Only Word documents can be submitted through Turnitin, the University’s plagiarism detectionsoftware, therefore you are advised to create tables in Word and not to cut and paste Excel or other software into the document. The marker will not be able to access your spreadsheets and see your workings.
The rubric by which your report will be assessed will be posted separately. It is important that prior to you submitting your work, you read this and objectively assess your response against the rubric. This will ensure that you have done enough to attain the marks you wish to achieve.
Your work should be word processed in accordance with the following:
- Font style, Arial, font size 12
- 1.5 line spacing.
- The page orientation should be ‘portrait’
- Margins on both sides of the page should be no less than 2.5 cm
- Pages should be numbered
- Your name should not appear on the script.