Personality testing has become exceedingly popular in a variety of employment settings that use these tests to project the success of potential or current employees. However, the factor analysis that is the foundation of the personality test construct poses challenges for determining the reliability and validity of the tests. In this assignment, you will explore the methods for determining reliability and validity of personality testing.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a grading rubric. Download the file, print it, and use the rubric to guide your completion of the assignment. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that discusses the reliability and validity of personality testing. Include the following:
- A discussion of the construction of personality testing: What role does factor analysis play in constructing personality tests?
- A discussion of the means of determining the reliability of personality tests: Which estimates of reliability are the most applicable to these tests?
- A discussion of the means of determining the validity of personality tests: What is the relationship of convergent and discriminant validity to these tests?
- A discussion of whether personality test results can be projected to potential or continued employee success: To what extent can these tests determine how well an employee will function in his or her assigned role?