You and your group members form a team of consulting analysts tasked with producing a strategy intelligence report on a multinational company of your choice, which operates in both developed and emerging markets.
This report will be split into five components:
• Give an overview of the company’s internationalisation history, their foreign operations and business model.
• Critically examine the company’s current approach towards sustainability considering UN Sustainable Development Goals and how the company impacts it.
• In one emerging market country the company operates in, critically examine the institutional environment in that country.
• In one developed market country the company operates in, critically examine the institutional environment in that country.
• Offer recommendations on improving the MNE’s sustainability approach in both the emerging and developed market your team analysed, and discuss and critically examine the barriers and challenges of implementing sustainability strategies in both countries. To what extent do your recommendations, timelines and targets alter between the two countries due to institutional factors?