The following selected transactions were completed by Speedy Delivery Service during May:
1. Received cash for capital stock, $25,000.
2. Borrowed $15,000 from a local bank.
3. Paid advertising expense, $800.
4. Paid rent for May, $2,500.
5. Received cash from customers, $7,250.
6. Paid creditors, $500.
7. Paid interest on note payable, $400.
8. Purchased land for future building site by paying cash of $20,000.
9. Paid a customer a $200 refund for an overcharge of services.
10. Paid cash dividends, $1,000.
Indicate the effect of each transaction on the accounting equation by listing the numbers identifying the transactions, (1) through (10), in a vertical column, and inserting at the right of each number the appropriate letter from the following list:
a. Increase in an asset, decrease in another asset.
b. Increase in an asset, increase in a liability.
c. Increase in an asset, increase in stockholders’ equity.
d. Decrease in an asset, decrease in a liability.
e. Decrease in an asset, decrease in stockholders’ equity.