For this assignment, you will be interviewing an employee from The American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/about/
This is a fake interview which will focus on the company’s ethical policies. Before starting the assignment, review its scoring guide to make sure you have included all the requirements on which you will be graded.
During your interview, make sure the following questions are answered:
Name of the company. The American Psychological Association
Who did you interview in the company? DR, Steven Ducan PsyD
What population does the company serve? APA is the leading scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States, with more than 121,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members.
- What ethics policies are in place for the employees to be trained on? Some examples of potential policies are:
- Do they have other policies in place?
How often are the employees retrained on the policies?
- Where does the training take place? A classroom or the Internet? Onsite?
- How does the company make sure the employees comply with the training, if mandated?
- Would the company be willing to share copies of their policies with you?
- This assignment also requires you to reflect on the information you gathered in your interview. Please address the following in your assignment submission:
- What was your assessment of what you found out about the ethics of the company?
- Would you do anything differently, if you were in charge? If so, what?
- What does current research say about ethics or ethical training in the workplace?
- How would you go about ethical training if you were in charge of training and compliance?
What policies would you include in your final project, the risk management toolkit?
Attach copies of two different policies on which you would train your employees. The copies can be from the company, or you can create your own.
- Other assignment requirements and considerations:
Use the questions about the named company (above) as abbreviated headings to guide the reader through the report of your interview and reflection.