first choose sources about cyber security then write an outline about these sources explained in the following steps
then you will construct a full sentence alphanumeric outline. Prior to writing your outline, you should consider the following pre-outline questions/steps:
- Summarize and cite your sources using the rhetorical summary model as a guide. Zero in on the key issues each source reveals and the authorâ€™s position on each issue (perspective).
- Step back and see the key issues and perspectives that the sourcesâ€™ arguments reveal when the bigger picture emerges as a result of your synthesis. These key issues and perspectives are the repeated topics of concern raised by your sources, the intersections/connections, points of agreement, and/or the points of contradictions you have discovered.
- With each key issue the big picture reveals, note any subtopics within the key issues, highlight examples, paraphrase source material, and sparingly use quotes that provide detail.
- Now youâ€™re ready to write your thesis and organize your material by key issues.
The following suggested steps will help you to present the intended content of your literature review and organize that content in a logical, coherent manner:
- Begin with a centered working title for your Project 3 Literature Review
- Construct your thesis, the sentence or two that reveals the current state of knowledge on your topic: the overarching focus of your literature review
- Write topic sentences that introduce at least 4 major key issues. Label these major key issues as Roman Numerals (I, II, III, IV)
- List any key issue subtopics that subdivide the major key issues further. Label these key issue subtopics in capital letters (A, B, C, etc.)
- Note supporting points or arguments as evidence (examples, paraphrased material, brief quotes) for each key issue. Label this evidence in Alpha numerals (1, 2, 3, etc.).
- If applicable, continue to sub-divide each supporting point until your outline is fully developed. Label any subdivisions in lower case letters (a, b, c, etc.).