This week you will continue your Individual Guidance Plan Case Study by looking more closely at behavior and what assumptions you have made or can make about that behavior.
NOTE: This week’s assignment should include at least one resource to substantiate your point of view. This resource can come from the course, the Rasmussen College Library or credible websites (Wikipedia, About.com and blogs are not considered credible websites). Incorporate your resource into your paper using in-text citations and a reference page in APA format.
Step One: Choose the scenario below that matches your child’s age group. Think about how your child would respond to the scenario and what behavior you would expect to see based on his or her development.
Scenario for a 2 year old child: Your child arrived to your program much later than usual. The child arrives and will not leave their parent without coercion. Instead of joining other children to play, your child sits on the floor near the door with their blanket. You are ready to start morning circle time and the children all gather to hear a story.
Scenario for a 4 year old child: Your child arrives much later than normal and comes in to the program eating breakfast items from home. Breakfast ended a short time ago and now the children are all heavily involved in activities with one another. The child continues to eat when the time is called for children to clean up their activities and prepare to go outside.
Step Two: Use the scenario and your child’s background to answer the following questions in a 2-3 page paper:
- How does your child react to the scenario? What would they do with their bodies? What would they say?
- How does this response coordinate with their developmental age and expectations? Is their response developmentally appropriate? How do you know?
- How would you, as their teacher or caregiver react? Why would you react in that manner?
- What in their background can you assume is causing their behavior?
- What do you need to learn about this child? The behaviors exhibited? His or her social and emotional development?
Be sure to include your reference in a reference page and use in-text citations where needed. Include a title page in APA Format. The paper length (2-3pages) does not include your reference page or title page.