Summarize ; your chosen text, including identifying a key argument (if there is one)
Analyze; and/or evaluate the text – What does the text do well? What kinds of criticisms do you have? Is it clear? Confusing? Effective? How does it support its claims? How does it use evidence? What kinds of examples does it use
Connect; the content of the text to the focus of the unit and/or assignment as you understand it
• You should provide the full and proper citation for the text in question, and use appropriate in-text citations if quoting.
• If you want to pursue a composition that is not a word file essay (e.g. vlog or blog, twitter thread, visual art, etc.), you are welcome to, I just ask that you check-in with me to ensure an appropriate translation of workload & expectations. Assignment Requirements:
• 1-2 page composition that responds to a course text following the previously laid out expectations.
• A proper citation (e.g. MLA, Chicago, APA, etc.) of the course text. Formatting Requirements:
• 12pt font in a reasonable style (e.g. Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, etc.)
• Double spaced
• 1” margins