ONLY CHOSE 1 Question to complete
“Streaming Live and Harlem Renaissance” Please respond to
one (1) of the following, using sources under the
Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Write for one (1) minute using the stream of consciousness writing method
(Note: You may also type it offline and copy it within this discussion thread).
Describe your experience and your reaction to what you wrote. Of the samples of
the stream of consciousness technique given in this week’s chapters, determine
which you prefer and explain the reasons why.
- Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who participated in the
Harlem Renaissance, identify the person whose autograph you would most want, and
explain the reasons why. Provide one (1) example that illustrates the reason why
you selected the person that you did.
- Chapter 35 (pp. 1163-1166); Chapter 36 (p. 1189), stream of consciousness –
background and samples
- Method and exploration of stream-of-consciousness writing at http://dversepoets.com/2012/05/24/stream-of-conscousness-writing/
- Writing a stream: http://thewritepractice.com/stream-of-consciousness/ and http://literarydevices.net/stream-of-consciousness/
- Chapter 36 (pp. 1172-1180); review the Week 8 “Music Folder”
- Website and video at http://www.history.com/topics/harlem-renaissance