Examine the role of organization development in anticipating and effecting change in organizations.
An American Internet Technology company has merged with a Canadian Social Media company. Because of this merger, performance is not as optimum as the executives would have hoped; morale is low, and stress is up. The new company has decided to hire you as an Organizational Development consultant. They have tasked you with finding out the issues and what they should do next to get back on track.
In your first days of your new role as the OD consultant, you know your first task is to complete a needs analysis for change. During this process, you have noticed a misconception of what organizational development is at the new company. The company has come to you and asked for a report outlining the importance of using the Organizational Development process for their situation, including your analysis of what they should be prepared for, such as employee resistance.
For your report, you have been asked to analyze and address the following:
- Introduce the meaning of organizational development; what it is and what it is not.
- What is the need for change with these merged companies?
- How can the renewal process be used by the company to adapt to change?
- What are potential employee resistances the company should be aware of?
- How can the company overcome these resistances?
The format for your report should be in a business, professional format.