In order to successfully implement a literacy plan in the classroom, reading/literacy specialists need to analyze the current needs of each individual student.
Write a 500-750 word literacy research analysis for the students described in the “Class Profile” that focuses on what to look for when analyzing literacy needs.
Include the following:
- Briefly explain the variety of students in the classroom and how you would analyze their literacy needs.
- Describe what an appropriate curriculum would look like for this classroom.
- Provide 2-3 examples of current instructional strategies that demonstrate knowledge of literacy and language, including language acquisition, reading, writing, speaking, listening, viewing, and visual representation across academic disciplines. Explain how each strategy will meet the needs of the class or a group of students.
- At least two major concepts, theories, or evidence-based foundations that could be used for developing, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive literacy instruction and curriculum, including disciplinary literacy in the classroom.
- Discuss how to motivate and engage students in their own literacy development.
Support your literacy research analysis with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.